TikTok is the newest and most exciting frontier in the marketing of video content. It was the third most downloaded app globally as of early 2019, having grown to 500 million users in its first year. Additionally, the platform is proving to be an excellent venue for business growth.
TikTok is a more casual, playful, and relaxed social networking site than many of its predecessors, which allows for greater spontaneity in your videos. When is the optimum time to publish TikTok videos? Find out here.
However, if you want your films to be genuinely engaging, it’s critical to arrange them properly for TikTok. Thus, people will see your videos just how you intend.
Duration of a TikTok video
The first consideration is length. Initially, TikTok movies were limited to 15 seconds in length, but the firm recently increased that restriction to 60 seconds when four 15-second parts are combined.
This, however, is true only for films captured directly within the app. If you submit a movie generated elsewhere, it may exceed 60 seconds in length.
TikTok video formatting
Additional specifications to consider include the following:
- The video’s file size should not exceed 287.6 MB on iOS or 72 MB on Android. It can be up to 500 MB for advertisements.
- TikTok is designed to be seen on a smartphone, therefore vertical video is preferred, while horizontal video is still acceptable.
- The dimensions of a TikTok video should be 1080×1920.
- The aspect ratio should be 9:16, similar to that of a common smartphone screen. A 1:1 ratio is also feasible, but it will not fill the entire screen.
- TikTok supports the.mp4 and.mov file types. Additionally, it supports.avi and.gif files for advertisements.
Why would you want to produce a TikTok video using a third-party app?
TikTok’s native recorder is rather good, with some pretty amazing effects. However, you may want to explore creating your video using an app like Boosted and then uploading it to TikTok.
This is why:
- Rather of rebuilding the wheel, you may adapt content from other platforms for TikTok.
- You are less constrained by a time constraint (since, as mentioned above, your uploaded video can be longer than 60 seconds).
- Boosted includes distinctive effects and templates that will assist you in quickly creating a creative, stunning video.
Items for Action:
- If you intend to submit a movie to TikTok rather than using the native recorder, ensure that the parameters are TikTok-optimized.
- If your video requires adjustments — or if you want to fine-tune it — utilize Boosted to edit and improve it.