Scanner is a Quick and Simple Document Scanning App available in the Microsoft Store that can scan pages, rotate and crop the pictures, and save them in popular file formats like JPG, PNG, TIF, PDF, and others. This scanner is compatible with the vast majority of scanners now in use.
The App allows for a preview of the scanned page before the page is really scanned and saved to disk. Using the preview, you may optionally pick a region to be scanned rather than the complete page.
The Scanner App UI is identical to the majority of other existing scanning programs. The left-hand vertical panel allows you to select the Scanner hardware, File saving format, Color Mode, and Resolution. The horizontal toolbar at the top of the screen may be used to Crop/Rotate the image, Share, and Rename the file, among other things.
The following are Scanner’s primary features:
- Scan: Scan individual pages and save them as individual image files, or scan numerous pages and save them as a single PDF.
- Color Mode: To scan documents, select Color, Grayscale, or Monochrome.
- Resolution: Select the scan’s resolution. From 75 DPI to 2400 DPI, a vast array is available for selection. Scanning at a higher resolution will take longer.
- Highlighter and Marker: Utilize Windows Ink to draw and highlight the picture. This eliminates the need to utilize image editors for simple highlighting and marking tasks.
- Share: Email the image, send it to Microsoft One Note straight from the app, or share it to nearby devices if the operating system’s ‘Nearby Sharing’ functionality is enabled.
How to use Scanner
- Download the Scanner application from the Microsoft Store. The link is supplied at the conclusion of the article. Select the Scanner hardware from the panel’s menu bar. Select the File format, Color mode, and Resolution before clicking the Scan button.
- If you desire to scan many pages sequentially and save them as a single PDF, click the arrow on the Scan button and select ‘Scan and Add to PDF’ for each document or image you wish to scan.
- Depending on the size of the document, color mode, and resolution that you have set, the scanning should take some time. Utilize the Crop / Rotate toolbar at the top of the picture editor, Copy the image to the clipboard, rename the file, and share the scan, among other options.
- Click the ‘Page List’ button at the top left of the window (next to the panel) to examine the picture thumbnails, preview the scans, and reorganize their sequence (drag and drop) if you have choose to save many pages in a single PDF.
- To scan and save a specific section of the document, click the “Preview” button in the lower-left corner of the window. This will scan the document rapidly and provide a preview. Mark the location in the preview that you wish to preserve using the selection tool, and then click “Apply Selection.” This guarantees that just the specified portion of the document will be saved.
- To modify options such as File location, Automatic rotation, File naming, etc., click the Settings button in the bottom-left corner. Utilize the mouse scroll button in the preview area to go through the numerous scanned pages.
Overall, Scanner App is an excellent program for the quick and simple scanning of photos and documents. The option to scan and save numerous pages in a single PDF file is quite convenient and saves a great deal of time and work in these situations. The selection of the region to be scanned is also quite useful, as it eliminates the need for picture editors following the scanning procedure.