ShareDrop.io is a free alternative to the Firefox Send service for file sharing. This is a peer-to-peer encrypted file transfer service.
It creates a space where others can connect with one another. If both devices are connected to the same local network, this service retrieves and displays them automatically. Other than that, you must exchange a link or QR code in order to connect the devices. Once the connection has been established and both devices are visible to each other, file sharing can commence.
This is peer-to-peer sharing, which means the files are downloaded directly from the sender. There is no link or server in the middle. Therefore, both devices must remain connected until the transfer is complete. There is no limit on signup or size. You may exchange files of any size and format with ease.
How can files be shared using ShareDrop.io?
- Open the website for ShareDrop on both devices. If not on the same network, create a secure connection using a link or QR code.
- Click the plus sign in the upper-right corner to obtain the link and QR code.
- Then, select the file(s) you wish to share by clicking on the other device that shows on the screen and selecting it.
- After that, confirm the share and wait for the completion of the transfer.
- Maximum File Size: No limit.
- Numerous File Transfer: Yes, multiple files can be sent simultaneously.
- Sign-in Required: No, an account is not required.
- Methods of Sharing: Local Network, Link, and QR Code.
- Encrypted peer-to-peer connection for security.
- Date of Expiration: Does not store files.
- Limited Downloads: This option is not available.
- There is no such password protection option.