massCode: Free, open-source code Snippets Manager
massCode organizes snippets in folders and categories. It’s a Windows 10 64-bit download.
Snippets are short pieces of reusable source or machine code. It reduces the time and effort needed to construct an application by eliminating repeated code.
massCode’s various features set it apart from other free Snippet Managers online.
- Multi-level folders and tags let you arrange Snippets. Tabs can further arrange each Snippet.
- The inbuilt Ace editor offers auto-detection and syntax highlighting for 170 languages.
- Markdown: massCode lets you type code in Markdown and previews the syntax.
- massCode’s full-text search is quick and emphasizes search queries.
- Developers don’t need to worry about losing changes because massCode autosaves all Snippets.
- Masscode’s database is JSON. Your computer has data tables.
massCode offers a 3-column interface. First column displays the Application Library where Snippets are kept. The second column shows all the snippets at the selected place, while the third column is the code editor.
How to use massCode
- Download massCode. Application requires 64-bit Windows.
- Click the ‘+’ symbol beneath ‘Folders’ or press Ctrl + Shift + N to create a new folder.
- To create a Snippet, click the ‘+’ icon beside the Search box in the second column and name it. Ctrl+N works too. It’s in the second column once generated.
- Click ‘Add Tag’ below the Snippet’s name and name the tag. Click Library/Tabs at the upper left of the screen to view tagged snippets. This helps arrange Snippets outside of Folders.
- Click the ‘+’ symbol at the top right of the Snippet, name the Fragment, input the Code, and pick the Syntax. Ctrl+T creates a Fragment.
massCode is a stunning Snippet Editor cum Manager for developers. It’s easy to arrange Snippets into Folders and Tabs. Syntax identification and highlighting should be automated.