There are already iOS 12 public beta 4, you can upgrade now.
One day after release iOS 12 developer beta 5, Apple also officially launched iOS 12 public beta 4 for non-developers.
Today Apple officially allowed end-users to participate in testing in the public beta with iOS version 12 public beta 4. Note that you also need Register to a beta program. To register, you visit the beta.apple.com, sign in with your Apple ID. Sign up a new account if you have not registered, then go through the confirmation steps to register. After completing the registration, go to this page, select the iOS tab and click the Download profile > Install > enter passcode (if use) > Install > Install to download and install test profile iOS 12. After that you can go to Settings > General > Software Update to upgrade.
In this release, in addition to performance improvements and bug fixes, one of the discoveries is the existence of reference variables that are likely to be related to an iPhone 2 SIM.
iOS 12 beta 5 changes and features covered (via 9to5mac):
- Updated Apple News buttons
- New glyphs for media types in Photos app Album tab
- Updated ‘Use as Wallpaper’ button in Share Sheet
- Updated ‘Copy iCloud Link’ button in Share Sheet
- New lyrics search hint message in Apple Music
- Off centered buttons fixed in music app
- New FaceTime sound effects
- Updated Stocks widget
- Passcode button presses are more subtle (bug)?
- Face ID smiley face removed for in-app auth
- Podcast settings new Headphones & Car section
- Battery health is now out of beta
- Improved contrast on 3D Touch Quick Action shortcuts
- New FaceTime sounds
List of devices can upgrade to iOS 12:
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- iPod touch 6th
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 6s / 6s Plus
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 8/8 Plus
- iPhone X