Unlike the November 2019 Update, the Windows 10 May 2020 Update is a major release with tons of improvements and a few new features for everyone including individual and organizational users.
Before trying the two methods below, you should first try to update using Windows Update. This is the easiest and safest way to download and install feature updates.
To upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 with the built-in update tool, follow these steps:
- Mở Settings > chọn Update & Security.
- On the left, select Windows Update > then on the right, click Check for updates . If the update is available in your area, it will appear on the screen.
- Select to Download and install now .
- Click the Restart now button now .
If you don’t see the Download and install now button in Windows 10 version 2004, your computer is not ready. Use either of the two methods below.
Update Windows 10 May 2020 Update with Update Assistant
To install Windows 10 version 2004 using the Update Assistant, follow these steps:
- Go to Microsoft site at this address .
- You should see this page as Windows 10 May 2020 Update. If you don’t see it, clear your browser’s cache.
- Click the Update Now button .
- Double click on the downloaded ‘ Windows10Upgrad.exe ‘ file to run Update Assistant.
- Click the Update now button in Update Assistant.
- Click Next .
- Select Restart now .
When you complete the steps above, the Update Assistant tool will do the rest. First, it will download the new update data from Microsoft servers and install the update for you.
The Update Assistant tool may restart your computer a few times, so you should save any work before starting the installation process. All your files and settings will stay where they were after upgrading to Windows 10 2004.
Update Windows 10 May 2020 Update with the Media Creation Tool
You can also perform a local upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 with the Media Creation Tool without losing your files.
To install Windows 10 version 2004 using the Media Creation Tool, follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft website and download the Media Creation Tool here .
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool2004.exe file to launch the tool.
- Click Accept and agree to the terms.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option .
- Click the Accept button if you are asked to agree to the notice and license terms again.
- Choose the first option Keep personal files and apps . If you don’t see it, click Change what to keep and select the option to leave your applications, settings, and files intact after the upgrade.
When you complete these steps, the Media Creation Tool will download and install Windows 10 May 2020 Update on your computer.
In addition, Microsoft has published ISO 10 May 2020 Update ISO files that you can download. After downloading the ISO file, you can use it with Rufus and perform a fresh install of the Windows 10 version 2004 update, instead of upgrading your current OS version.